Placing your brand on random trinkets such as pens, notepads, keychains, etc., has become one of the most common marketing methods. However, do the benefits of distributing these promotional items outweigh the costs?
“Swag” can be classified into two categories:
- Promotional: these items are useful or decorative.
- Premiums: these items act as an incentive for a particular action.
Is “Swag” Cost-Effective?
Studies claim that promotional items are cost-effective, to the extent that the Advertising Specialty Institute found evidence that it is more effective and affordable than TV, radio, and print advertising. On average, the cost-per-impression of a promotional item is $0.004.
The following statistics further emphasize this point:
- 84% of people will recall the brand advertised on the product.
- 24% of people claim to be more inclined to do business with the advertiser.
- 62% of people will do business with the advertiser after receiving the product.
- 42% of people will view the advertiser more positively.
Will Realtors Benefit from Giving Away Swag?
Yes, the benefits aforementioned still apply to realtors. Recipients of advertising items have higher chances of recalling the name of a realtor when compared to other advertising mediums. They will have a more favorable impression of the advertiser if given products that are useful or provide some form of benefit.
Potential Promotional Items
When brainstorming ideas, think of items that are useful and long-lasting. Be sure to also consider the following questions:
- What season is it?
- Will the item be used more in the office or at home?
- What advertising items are your competitors using?
- Is the distribution of your product cost-effective?
- What are some items that you received and appreciated or liked?
- Does it look like you are trying too hard?
- Can you measure the effectiveness of the item?
- Tissue box sleeves
- Hand sanitizer
- Card holders
- Key chains
- Grocery cart tokens
- Fridge magnets with an attached clip
- Tape measures
Comments are closed.