Are you starting to get that feeling that you need to shake things up in 2018, but then letting it slip out of your mind? Well, that is your mistake!
Everyone talks about reviewing the past year and planning for the New Year, but most of us don’t. The process seems daunting and depending on the year we have just had it can be depressing reviewing the past. Even worse is when we think there is no room for improvement.
The best way to open your mind is to start a dialogue with yourself asking open-ended questions that will reveal the areas that are working, what you need to work on and a better understanding of change for 2018.
Get out a piece of paper and answer these questions as honestly and thoroughly as you can.
1. In one sentence describe the type of real estate you specialize in and the geographical areas you are most comfortable working in?
2. In one sentence why does someone choose to use you as their REALTOR®?
3. What one thing or trait is most responsible for preventing you from getting listings or attracting new buyer clients?
4. How are your commissions distributed across your client base and is there too much dependence on too few clients? Are you earning most of your commissions from condo or home sales? Buyers or sellers?
5. Are there marketing activities that you currently employ that you should drop next year and are there new ones you should add?
6. Looking back on the past year where did each buyer and seller come from? Repeat, referral, someone you met or a new customer? Trace the connection back as far as you can to determine where your business is being generated.
7. If you wanted to hire an assistant today how would you define their job such that they would contribute enough revenue to cover their expenses and free up your time to do more selling?
8. What aspect or real estate or your day to day activities do you hate?
9. What aspect of your real estate business needs the most attention?
10. If you could get one solid hour of advice from someone you respect, what one aspect of your business would you discuss and why?
11. I could change one thing about my real estate business it would be _____.
12. I have to stop ________.
Have some fun with these 12 questions and use your answers to start to make changes for 2018.
Comments are closed.