Blogging has become an increasingly effective marketing strategy that reaches a greater demographic as it brings content to your social media accounts. Blogs are regularly updated web pages that aid in communicating with prospective clients. It acts as a channel to display your skills while simultaneously improving your search engine rankings.
Blogging reaps many benefits to a realtor because it is:
- Very cost-effective.
- Easy to produce content because the writing is generally informal and is something you will already be well versed in.
- Sustainable– the content will remain on your website and will thus contribute towards its overall effectiveness.
However, do keep in mind that starting a blog requires a lot of time and effort.
Types of Blogs
In general, there are three categories for blog posts:
1. Conversational: where you produce content about neighborhoods, renovations, ways to save money, etc.
- Gardening and landscaping
- Mortgage rates and products
- Decorating ideas
- Architecture or housing styles
- Homeowners insurance
- New businesses coming to area
- Lists of local businesses
2. Resourceful: where you provide valuable assets to buyers and sellers such as checklists, home inspections, etc.
- Checklist for buyers and sellers
- What you should know about home inspections
- The key to staging homes for faster sales
- Answer questions buyers frequently ask you
- Answer questions sellers frequently ask you
- How to price your home right to reap the best benefits
- Choosing the right upgrades to maximize return when selling
- First-time home buyer programs
3. Informational: where you describe the market in a given area. When brainstorming blog titles, put yourself in your client’s shoes and think about what they would search for if they were buyers or sellers.
- Real Estate Market Update for (Your Area)
- 3 Bedroom Homes For Sale in (Your Area)
- (School Name) Catchment Homes For Sale
- Homes For Sale in (Your Area) Priced Under ($500,000)
- Homes With Legal Suite Mortgage Helpers in (Your Area)
- New Listings for Homes for Sale in (Your Area)
Do not be scared to mix things up. Although some types of blogs are more interesting to read or write about, they may not be beneficial to your clients who are solely focused on the real estate market.
Things to Keep in Mind
As mentioned previously, it is important to improve your search engine ranking. In order to do so, keep the following in mind:
- Ensure that you are writing for your clients, not the search engine.
- Find the right balance when repeating a real estate related keyword in your entry.
- Titles should be concise, yet eye catching.
- Add photos with brief captions to keep your post interesting.
To be frank, the more you post, the better. Perhaps create a schedule where you post three times a week and have each post be a different type of blog. By doing so, you will increase your chances of gaining the interest of prospective clients.
Comments are closed.